Pesto is so flavorful and adds so much depth to a wide variety of dishes. Pecan Pesto is a creative twist on the classic Italian sauce, infusing it with the rich, nutty flavor of pecans. In this variation, toasted pecans replace traditional pine nuts, adding a depth and buttery undertone to the sauce. Blended with fresh basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil, Pecan Pesto maintains the vibrant and herbaceous qualities of the original while introducing a distinctive nutty complexity. This versatile pesto can be tossed with pasta, drizzled over vegetables, or used as a flavorful spread, offering a delightful fusion of earthy pecans and the aromatic essence of traditional pesto. Pecan Pesto brings a unique and flavorful twist to the table, showcasing the adaptability and innovation inherent in the world of culinary delights.
- 3 cups fresh Basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Pecan Oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Pecan Pieces or Halves
- Dash of Lemon juice to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Blend basil, garlic and pecans in a food processor. With the processor still running, slowly add pecan oil and process until mixture is mostly smooth. Add more oil if thinner consistency is desired.
- Add shredded cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper and process briefly to combine. Enjoy!
- Toss it with warm pasta or spaghetti squash.
- Use it on pizza as topping or sauce.
- Spread on a sandwich.
- Dollop on scrambled eggs, omelet, or frittata.
- Perfect on chicken, fish, and vegetables.