Pesto is so flavorful and adds so much depth to a wide variety of dishes.
- 3 cups fresh Basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Pecan Oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Pecan Pieces or Halves
- Dash of Lemon juice to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Blend basil, garlic and pecans in a food processor. With the processor still running, slowly add pecan oil and process until mixture is mostly smooth. Add more oil if thinner consistency is desired.
- Add shredded cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper and process briefly to combine. Enjoy!
Uses for Pecan Pesto:
- Toss it with warm pasta or spaghetti squash.
- Use it on pizza as topping or sauce.
- Spread on a sandwich.
- Dollop on scrambled eggs, omelet, or frittata.
- Perfect on chicken, fish, and vegetables.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!