Both adorable and tasty… and perfect for your next Halloween gathering. These easy 5-ingredient popcorn balls are as fun to make as they are to eat. The savory popcorn is mixed with marshmallow and dipped in sweet white chocolate. Add candy eyes (or draw them on with icing!) for a festive ghostly feel.
This is a great recipe to make with kids! They love forming and decorating their own ghost.
- Mixing bowl
- Silicone mat or parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- 16 cups popped popcorn
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 10 oz white chocolate candy melts
- 16 candy eye balls
- Place all of the popcorn in a large mixing bowl.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the mini marshmallows and butter. Stir occasionally until the mix is smooth.
- Pour the melted mixture over the popcorn. Stir with a spatula until the popcorn is fully coated.
- Butter your hands and form the popcorn into balls (or ghost-shapes).
- Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Allow the balls to cool and firm up (30 minutes to 1 hour).
- Once firm, melt the white candy melts according to the package.
- Dip the tops of the popcorn balls into the melted chocolate and return them to the baking sheet. Allow the chocolate to set for 1 or 2 minutes before adding candy eye balls (if you add the eyes right away they will slide off if the chocolate is too hot).
- Allow the chocolate to fully set before serving.