Simple to make yet elegant and incredibly flavorful. This recipe might find its way into your normal breakfast rotation.
Prosciutto Egg Cups
- 14 slices prosciutto chilled
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup cup Parmesan cheese grated – plus sprinkle for the top
- 1-1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese grated
- 1 tsp kosher or sea salt
- 12 asparagus tips optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees and spray 12 cup muffin tin (square or round) with cooking oil.
- Cut or tear the chilled prosciutto into halves or thirds, whichever is easier to work with. Then layer the equivalent of 1 slice of prosciutto into the muffin tin, overlapping and making sure the prosciutto comes all the way up and over the sides of the pan. It will shrink while baking.
- Ina medium bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, Parmesan cheese, and salt.
- Equally divide the grated Monterey Jack cheese amongst each of the muffin tin cups.Then add in about 1/4 of the egg mixture into each cup. The egg should just cover the Monterey Jack cheese creating almost a bed for the asparagus to lay on.
- If using asparagus lay 2 tips, criss-cross, on top of the cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (mine took 12) and then sprinkle on a bit more Parmesan and place back under the broiler for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until just starting to bubble. Do not overcook or the eggs will be tough.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!