Classic savory quiche with a flaky pastry crust and stuffed with bacon, cheese, and shallots. Yum!
- 1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter cubed
- 3 tbsp ice water
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Gruyere divided
- 1 shallot minced
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- Pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Makethe crust: In a large bowl whisk together flour and salt until combined. Using your hands, add butter, working it into the flour until the mixture resembles pea-size crumbs. Add ice water by the tablespoon until the mixture forms into a crust. Form into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, 30minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. On a lightly floured surface, roll out crust until ¼” thick.Loosely drape over a 9” pie plate and crimp edges. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Ina large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Scatter cooked bacon on pie crust with 1 cup Gruyere and shallot. In a large bowl,whisk together eggs, cream, cayenne, and nutmeg and season with salt. Pour mixture over bacon and cheese. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake until crust is golden and eggs cooked through, 40 minutes. Let cool 15minutesbefore slicing and serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!