Rev up your weeknight with this easy-to-put-together South Pacific-inspired dinner, a mouthwatering mix of sweet & spicy, and all-over delicious. The whole dish comes together surprisingly quickly in one ceramic grill pan, so you can go from hungry to Hawaiian in under 30 minutes – perfect for those weeknights when you want something healthy and delicious but are short on time.
South Pacific Pineapple Sea Bass with Asparagus
- Ceramic Grill Pan
- 2 sea bass fillets
- 3/4ths Tin Gustus Vitae South Pacific Pineapple BBQ Rub & Seasoning
- 3/4ths Tin Gustus Vitae Chef's Kiss Spicy BBQ Mix
- 1-1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 pineapple
- 12 asparagus spears
- 1/2 lemon
- A good spray of neutral oil
- Preheat grill to high, or around 350-380F.
- Rinse asparagus, trimming and discarding ends.
- Trim pineapple of peel, top and bottom, then slice into rounds about 1/2" wide.
- In a large bowl, quickly render butter on the grill or in the microwave, then whisk in 1/2 tin each South Pacific Pineapple BBQ Rub and Chef's Kiss Spicy BBQ Mix.
- Place ceramic grill pan on bbq, and give it a quick spray with oil.
- Dunk pineapple in butter spice mix, then arrange in an even layer on grill pan. Roast for 5 minutes, then flip.
- Dunk sea bass and asparagus in butter, then arrange on top of the roasting pineapple.
- Roast uncovered for about 6 minutes, then flip, drizzling remaining butter spice mix over, and BBQ for a further 6-7 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the fish is about 145F and visibly flaky.
- Transfer without disturbing to two plates, giving each a light final dusting of each seasoning.
- Serve, squeeze over lemon, and devour.