Pasta with Truffle, Grilled Beef Ragu, and Rocket Pesto is a gourmet delight that brings together luxurious flavors and textures in a harmonious dish. Al dente pasta serves as the canvas for a rich and hearty grilled beef ragu, slow-cooked to perfection. The dish is elevated with the earthy aroma of truffle, infusing depth and sophistication. This culinary creation is a symphony of savory and aromatic elements, creating a memorable pasta experience that combines the elegance of truffle, the heartiness of beef, and the brightness of rocket pesto in every exquisite bite.
Try this delicious grilled beef ragu with white truffles and homemade rocket pesto.
Spinosini pasta with truffle, grilled beef ragu, and rocket pesto
- 200 gr di Spinosini (or other pasta variety of your choice)
- 400 gr deboned rib eye steak
- 1 inner rib of celery
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 spring onion
- 80 gr white truffle
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 dl vegetable stock
- 1 dl extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 L olive oil for frying
- salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE PESTO
- 1 handful rocket
- 1 handful pine nuts
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
FOR THE PESTO
- Blend the rocket with the garlic and a little oil. Add the salt, pine nuts and continue blending, drizzling the oil into the mixture until it has a smooth consistency.
FOR THE PASTA
- Grill the rib eye steak on both sides directly over the heat and with the lid on. Cut the onion into thin rounds.
- Peel the carrot and cut into thin slices using a potato peeler. Remove the hard filaments from the celery stick and cut it into very thin slices lengthways.
- Place all the vegetables in icy water to stop them burning during cooking. After about one hour, remove them, drain and dry then spray them with the oil and grill them quickly in a perforated wok.
- Cut the tomatoes in half widthways and grill on both sides. Dice the meat, chop the vegetables and reduce the tomatoes into a paste. Mix all the ingredients, season with the aromatic herbs, salt, pepper and a little oil and keep warm. Heat up the oil in the wok and quickly fry the uncooked Spinosiniuntil they become slightly hazel coloured.
- Drain and place them in the boiling vegetable stock, leaving them there until they have absorbed all the liquid.
- Mix the pasta with the grilled ragu sauce and place on the plates, garnishing with some finely sliced truffle.