Spiral Ham is a festive centerpiece that brings joy to holiday tables and special occasions. This succulent ham is precisely sliced in a spiral fashion, creating convenient, easy-to-serve portions. As it roasts to perfection, the spiral cuts allow the flavors to penetrate deep into the meat, ensuring each mouthful is tender and bursting with a delightful blend of smokiness and sweetness. Spiral Ham is not only a culinary showstopper but also a symbol of shared feasts and joyous gatherings, making it a beloved tradition for celebratory meals.
Delicious whole ham cooked with sweet apricot jam and tangy Dijon. Absolutely delicious sliced and piled on your favorite bread.
- 10 lbs whole cured, smoked, bone-in ham
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp bourbon (optional)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Remove the ham from refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place a rack in a large roasting pan and cover the rack with foil. Pour 2 cups water in the bottom of roasting pan and place ham on the foil on the rack.
- Ina small bowl, stir together jam, brown sugar, bourbon, Dijon, and red pepper flakes. Brush ham with some of the glaze and roast, basting with more glaze every 30 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 140°, about 1 ½ to 2 hours.
- Let rest 15 minutes before carving.