This festive punch can be served with alcohol or without and makes a wonderful, refreshing, and fruity beverage.
- 1 cup whole black grapes
- 1 cup whole green grapes
- 2 oranges sliced into rounds
- 1 lemon sliced into rounds
- 1 lime sliced into rounds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 bottle fruity red wine (750 ml bottle) such as Pinot Noir or Beaujolais
- 1 can ginger ale (12 ounces)
- Colored sugar for rimming glasses
- Freeze the grapes.
- Rinse and de-stem the grapes, then pat dry.
- Spread in a single layer a baking sheet, then place in the freezer at least 2 hours before you plan to serve.
Make the sangria
- In a large glass pitcher, combine 1/2 of the orange slices (reserve the second half for serving), lime, and lemon slices.
- Add the brandy and cinnamon stick and stir gently to combine.
- Slowly pour in the wine.
- Refrigerate sangria for at least 2 hours or overnight (a longer chill time will increase the flavor).
- When ready to serve, add the ginger ale to the pitcher and stir gently with a spoon.
To rim the glasses
- Place the colored sugar on a plate.
- Rub an orange slice around the glass rim.
- Dip the rim of each glass into the sugar, coating well.
- Fill glasses with frozen grapes and reserved orange slices, then slowly pour in the sangria. Sip immediately and enjoy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!