Sweet, tangy, and incredibly refreshing!
The Strawberry Daiquiri is a classic and refreshing cocktail that embodies the essence of tropical indulgence. This delightful drink is composed of fresh strawberries, white rum, lime juice, and simple syrup, all blended together with ice until smooth. The result is a vibrant, slushy concoction that beautifully marries the sweetness of ripe strawberries with the crispness of citrus and the kick of rum.
Served in a chilled glass, the Strawberry Daiquiri is often garnished with a fresh strawberry or a lime wheel, adding a visually appealing touch to the vibrant pink cocktail. Its fruity and citrusy notes make it a popular choice for warm days and beachside relaxation.
The Strawberry Daiquiri stands as a timeless and beloved cocktail, celebrated for its sweet and tangy profile that captures the carefree spirit of tropical escapades.
- 8 oz fresh strawberries hulled, halved, quartered if large
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 oz white rum
- 1/2 oz Aperitivo Cappelletti
- 3/4 oz fresh lime juice
- kosher salt
- a fresh strawberry hulled (for serving)
- Bring strawberries and 2 cups water to a simmer in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, cover partially, and simmer gently, swirling occasionally, until strawberries are softened and have lost most of their color, 15–20 minutes.
- Strain into a small saucepan, pressing on berries to extract as much liquid as possible; reserve berries for another use. (You should have about 1 cup liquid.) Add sugar to liquid in saucepan and return to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Let cool, then cover and chill until cold, at least 1 hour.
- To make 1 cocktail, combine rum, Cappelletti, lime juice, ½ oz. strawberry syrup, and a small pinch of salt in a cocktail shaker. Add 4–6 ice cubes, cover, and shake vigorously until outside of shaker is very cold, about 20 seconds. Double-strain into a coupe glass. Garnish with a strawberry.