Rhubarb adds such a tart and yummy flavor to this sweet and buttery pie. Fresh fruit is always the best to use but frozen works just fine too! Delight your senses with this Strawberry Rhubarb Pie – a symphony of sweet strawberries and tart rhubarb encased in a golden, flaky crust. Each bite as a burst of vibrant flavors, the sweetness of sun-ripened strawberries harmonizing with the zesty notes of rhubarb. Baked to perfection, this pie is a celebration of the perfect balance between sweet and tangy, encased in a buttery embrace. Whether enjoyed warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or savored on its own, each slice is a heavenly experience that captures the essence of summer. Get ready to elevate your dessert game with this classic, irresistible treat!
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- 2 pie crusts (about 9" each)
- 1 pound rhubarb chopped
- 2 pints strawberries sliced
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 cup granulated sugar (plus about 2 tbsp sugar to sprinkle on crust before baking)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Lay one pie crust into your pie dish. Cut your other pie crust into strips that are about one inch wide for the lattice top.
- Whisk corn starch into 1/4 cup water until well blended. Combine with rhubarb and sugar and heat in medium sized pot over medium low heat until thickened, about10 minutes. Combine with strawberries and allow to sit for 30 minutes. Add fruit mixture to pie shell. Dot with butter.
- Arrange dough strips into lattice pattern and tuck ends under. Beat egg yolk and brush onto top of crust. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400° F until golden and bubbly, about 35 minutes. Turn oven off and allow pie to remain in warm oven for 15 additional minutes. Remove from oven and cool on rack.