Stuffed Acorn Squash is a delightful and wholesome dish that transforms the humble squash into a flavorful and visually appealing centerpiece. The acorn squash halves are roasted until tender, creating a sweet and nutty base. The cavities are then generously filled with a savory stuffing, often featuring a harmonious blend of ingredients like wild rice, quinoa, nuts, herbs, and vegetables. The stuffing absorbs the natural sweetness of the acorn squash during baking, creating a delicious marriage of textures and flavors. Stuffed Acorn Squash is not only a feast for the taste buds but also a celebration of seasonal ingredients, making it a hearty and comforting addition to autumn and winter tables.
Marieke® Gouda Smoked compliments the sweet aroma and savory flavor of this dish. Perfect comfort food with deliciously tempting bites!
Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 2 acorn squashes
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 2 apples peeled, cored, cut up
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- 2 cups Marieke’s Smoked Gouda shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, remove seeds and place cut side down on baking sheet. Bake 30-40 minutes or until squash is tender.
- While squash is baking, brown sausage in a medium sized skillet over medium high heat. Add apple pieces and continue to cook another 5 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper, quinoa, and 1 cup Marieke’s Smoked Gouda.
- When squash is done baking, carefully flip each half over and divide filling amongst each squash half. Top each with remaining Marieke’s Smoked Gouda.
- Return to oven and bake 20 minutes. Serve hot.