Spicy, smoky, savory… loaded with your favorite Texas flavors. This refreshing twist on a traditional bloody Mary is perfect for just about any occasion!
The Mesquite Mary
- 48 oz Clamato or tomato juice (6 cups or so)
- 2 oz fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp prepared creamy hot horseradish
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2-1/4 tsp celery salt
- 2-1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Tabasco sauce (or your favorite hot sauce) to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshground black pepper
- Texana Brand Smokey Mesquite Infused Olive Oil to taste
- 2.5 oz Tito’s handmade vodka per drink
- Create the Mesquite Mary Mix by combining the Clamato or tomato juice, lemon juice, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt, garlic salt, and black pepper in a large pitcher. Add 10-15 shakes of Tabasco sauce (or your favorite hot sauce) to taste. Refrigerate.
- To assemble drinks, mix the celery salt, kosher salt, hot pepper flakes, and smoked paprika on a plate. Dip the rim of your glass in a shallow amount of water, and then dip into the spices and twist. Fill a large glass to the top with ice. Add a “generous jigger” (2.5 oz) of Tito’s homemade vodka, add the refrigerated bloody Mary mix to within a ½ inch from the top of the glass, then top with 2splashes (1 oz) of Texana Brand Smokey Mesquite Infused Olive Oil.
- Garnish with bacon or jerky strips, lime slices, celery stalks, long skewer loaded with grilled Texas shrimp, raw or roasted jalapeños, Serranos, or for a “cooler” variety – okra. Consider adding half of a hardboiled egg, a dill pickle spear, or marinated artichoke hearts.
- Flame a sprig of rosemary or sage and ENJOY!
CREDIT: Texana Brands
Want to make this recipe? Pick up the item featured in it: