Easy homemade fudgy brownies with extra chocolate and M&M’s candies. Perfect for any holiday, not just Valentine’s… simply change the M&M colors to customize for any event.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup M&M's candies (or candy of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil, leaving some overhang. If using foil, spray well with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Ina large bowl, whisk together the butter and sugar.
- Add in the eggs, making sure to mix well after each one.
- Mix in the vanilla until combined.
- Ina separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared baking pan (the batter will be very thick).
- Evenly sprinkle the M&M's candies (or other candy of your choice) over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. You will know the brownies are finished when the edges start to slightly pull away and the top looks done.
- Allow to cool completely and cut into squares… and enjoy!