A yummy alternative to your traditional jellied or whole berry cranberry sauce!
Serve cold beside turkey, chicken, pork, or lamb.
Vino Cotto Cranberry Fruit Conserve
- 12 oz Ocean Spray Craisins (sweetened dried cranberries)
- 1 McIntosh apple (peeled, cored and diced)
- 1 large ripened peach (pitted, peeled and diced)
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- ⅓ cup pine nuts (chopped pecans or walnutsoptional)
- 3 oz water
- 3 ½ oz Vino Cotto di Montillo
- In a medium bowl, add lemon juice, diced apples and peaches. Gently toss.
- In a medium saucepan combine cranberries, lemon-coated apples and peaches, waterand 3 oz. of vino cotto.
- Cover the saucepan. On low heat slowly simmer for 10 minutes then remove the cover and stir.
- Continue cooking uncovered on low heat until the fruit becomes tender, but not overcooked. Stir frequently so the fruit cooks evenly.
- When done remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Add nuts and mix together.
- Plate into a serving bowl and drizzle the remaining ½ oz. of vino cotto over thefruit conserve.
CREDIT: Montillo Italian Foods
Want to make this recipe? Pick up the item featured in it: