This vivid purple cocktail is based on the Purple Hooter and is simply perfect for Halloween with its striking dark eerie feel. Not into shots? The recipe also includes directions for a larger version.
- 2 Shot glasses
To rim the glass
- 1 fresh lime
- 3 drops purple food coloring
- 1 tbsp sugar
For the cocktail
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/3 cup lime juice (see note)
- 1/4 cup raspberry liqueur
Prepare the shot glasses
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice into a saucer.
- Add the purple food coloring and mix well.
- Place the sugar in a second saucer.
- Dip the rim of the shot glasses into the lime juice and then into the sugar.
- Set to one side.
Make the cocktail
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker. Add the ice.
- Strain into the prepared shot glass.
To turn this shooter into a full drink, simply replace the ⅓ cup lime juice with a cup of citrus soda and serve in a highball glass with crushed ice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!