These individual cakes are a fun surprise and a nice twist on a standard cupcake.
Kids simply love discovering that the “hat” is full of yummy cake.
Witch’s Hat Individual Cone Cakes
Fun and festive Halloween individual cakes inside yummy sugar cones.
- 24 sugar ice cream cones
- 1 package package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup cup chocolate frosting
- 24 chocolate wafer cookies
- 16 oz vanilla frosting
- 1/4 tsp orange food coloring
- 12 green apple Jolly Rancher Chews cut in half
- Purple nonpareils (sprinkles)
- Cover the top of a 10-in. fluted tube pan with a double layer of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Using a skewer or paring knife, poke 12 holes in the foil, making one hole in the center and eleven holes around it, about 2-1/2 in. apart. Gently insert a cone in each hole, leaving the top 1 in. of cone above the foil.
- Prepare the cake batter according to the package directions.
- Spoon1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon batter into each cone.
- Bake at 350°F for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat with remaining cones and additional batter.
- With the remaining batter, bake a few cupcakes too (according to the cake package directions).
- Spread1 teaspoon chocolate frosting onto the center of each chocolate wafer cookie. Top with cone, cake side down.
- In a large bowl, beat vanilla frosting and food coloring.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag (or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag) insert a #45 round tip. Fill the bag with your orange-colored frosting. Pipe the frosting around the cone rims; attach the Jolly Rancher candies for buckles.
- Frost the cupcakes with any remaining frosting, sprinkle with nonpareils, and enjoy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!