Deliciously buttery, perfectly garlicky, and wonderfully flaky. This baked cod recipe is easy to make, easy to clean up, and incredibly tasty.
Buttery Baked Cod
- 24 ounces cod filets (four 6-ounce pieces)
- 3 tbsp butter softened
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp parsley, chives, thyme, or other herbs finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Place the cod in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, olive oil, minced garlic, parsley, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the compound butter mixture on top of each filet.
- Lay the lemon slices both on top and under the cod filets.
- Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes, or until the cod is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Before serving, spoon the juices from the baking dish over the cod.
To Store: Place leftovers in an airtight container and store for up to 2 days in the fridge. To Freeze: Use a freezer-safe bag or container and store for up to 1 month. How To Reheat: Simply reheat in the microwave 30 seconds at a time until the fish is warmed through.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!