Caprese Salad with Balsamic Reduction is a vibrant and refreshing dish that highlights the classic Italian combination of fresh tomatoes, creamy mozzarella, and fragrant basil. The salad features slices of ripe tomatoes and mozzarella arranged in a visually appealing pattern, interspersed with basil leaves.
What sets this Caprese Salad apart is the addition of a balsamic reduction—a syrupy, sweet, and tangy glaze made by simmering balsamic vinegar until it thickens. Drizzled generously over the tomatoes and mozzarella, the balsamic reduction adds a delightful depth of flavor, complementing the natural sweetness of the tomatoes and the mild creaminess of the mozzarella.
Caprese Salad with Balsamic Reduction is not only a feast for the eyes with its vibrant colors but also a celebration of simple, high-quality ingredients that come together to create a harmonious and flavorful dish. It’s a perfect representation of the Mediterranean culinary philosophy, emphasizing fresh and wholesome flavors.
Easy, impressive, and delicious! Caprese salad features fresh tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil drizzled with a sweet balsamic reduction and olive oil.
Caprese Salad with Balsamic Reduction
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 large tomatoes cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 16 oz fresh mozzarella cheese cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Stir balsamic vinegar and honey together in a small saucepan and place over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until mixture has reduced to 1/3 cup, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Arrange alternating slices of tomato and mozzarella decoratively on a serving platter. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper, tuck basil leaves around slices, and drizzle with olive oil and the balsamic reduction.