Kimchi Risotto with Garlic Shrimp is a fusion of Korean and Italian flavors, blending the creamy comfort of risotto with the bold, spicy kick of kimchi and the savory goodness of garlic shrimp. Arborio rice is slowly cooked to a luscious consistency, absorbing the tangy and umami-rich notes of kimchi. The dish is elevated with succulent garlic-infused shrimp, creating a symphony of textures and tastes. This innovative fusion combines the creaminess of the risotto with the vibrant and piquant character of kimchi, balanced by the savory allure of garlic shrimp, resulting in a unique and delicious culinary experience that bridges two distinct culinary traditions.
This tender risotto dish is packed with flavor from the fish broth and further enhanced with garlic shrimp.
Kimchi Risotto with Garlic Shrimp
- 1 cup kimchi
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp sugar
- 6 tbsp butter divided
- 1-1/2 cups Paella Rice
- 1/4 cup rice wine or sweet white wine
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 package Aneto Fish Broth (1 Liter / 33.83 Fl. Oz.)
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp chives minced
- 1 tbsp cilantro minced
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Place kimchi, onion, ginger, and sugar in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Melt 3 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add kimchi puree, and sauté until fragrant, about 1 min. Add rice, stir to combine, and continue to sauté for another 1-2 min.
- Add wine and soy sauce, Stir to combine and leave on low heat. When all the liquid has been absorbed by rice, start adding 1 cup of broth to the pan at once. Let the rice fully absorb the broth before adding the next cup. Continue this process until the rice is tender. Season to taste.
- Melt remaining 3 tbsp butter in another skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and sauté until just about cooked through, about 2 min per side. Add garlic, stir to combine, and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove skillet from the heat and add chives and cilantro, stirring to coat the shrimp. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide risotto between bowls and top with garlic shrimp.