Ramen is an incredibly versatile dish that is warm, comforting, and filling. Try this tasty ramen variety filled with bacon and mushrooms.
Ramen with Bacon, Egg, Mushrooms, and Chives
- 1 L Aneto Broth (we suggest the ham broth but any would work)
- 500 g bacon
- 2 eggs
- 50 g leek
- 1 clove garlic
- 10 g dry shitake mushrooms
- 4 g wakame (seaweed)
- 200 g noodles
- 5 g ginger
- 100 ml mirin
- 120 ml soy sauce
- 50 ml sake
- fresh green onion chopped
- olive oil
- In a casserole, put the soy sauce, the mirin, the sake, the ginger, the garlic and the chopped leek, bring to a boil it and turn off.
- In a frying pan, brown the bacon with a few drops of olive oil. Add it in an express or quick pot and cover it with the ham broth. Add the mushrooms and cook it for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the eggs and add the soy broth and mirin. the eggs will go dyeing. Move them to have them homogeneous.
- Hydrate wakame seaweed in cold water. Cook the noodles in boiling water according to the brand specifications, drain it, refresh it and reserve it.
- Remove the meat and drain it once cold, laminate finely with a very sharp knife. There's more meat, so it can be stored for other ramen or other different recipes, the recommended amount for 4 people is about 160 g.
- Once the bacon is cooked, dry the broth. Remove the eggs from the soy sauce and reserve it. Add the meat in the soy sauce and let cool it, turning constantly to dye the exteriors of the meat. Once cold, store it in the fridge with the sauce until the meat take shape.
- Heat the broth and soy sauce separately. In different bowls, place and distribute the cooked pasta, the chopped mushrooms, the rolled meat and the half egg, 3 tablespoons of soy sauce and the mirin. Cover it with hot ham broth. Serve it if desired with abundant fresh chopped chives. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!