An Italian classic! This rice dish is bursting with flavor and would be the perfect accompaniment to many meals. Risotto Alla Milanese is a sumptuous and golden-hued Italian dish that transforms the simplicity of rice into a luxurious culinary experience. Originating from Milan, this risotto is infused with saffron, lending its distinctive color and a subtle floral aroma. Arborio rice is meticulously cooked to a creamy consistency, absorbing the flavors of saffron, broth, and a touch of white wine. Parmesan cheese and butter are added to create a velvety finish, resulting in a dish that is both rich and comforting. Risotto Alla Milanese is a testament to the artistry of Italian cuisine, marrying simplicity with sophistication in a dish that is as visually appealing as it is delicious.
Risotto Alla Milanese
- 400 g rice (preferably Carnaroli or Arborio)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 102 ml dry white wine
- 960 ml chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp saffron threads
- Shredded Parmesan cheese to taste
- Sauté the onion in 2 tbsp butter until golden brown.
- Add the rice, salt, pepper and white wine. Blend together over a high heat, then slowly add the stock, stirring constantly.
- Cook the rice, stirring often and add saffron during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Stir to blend well, then add the rest of the butter and sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese.