Poaching then grilling results in a tender and flavorful meat… plus the agro dolce flavor of vino cotto lends a delicious and modern twist. Try this amazing recipe for your next Thanksgiving dinner!
Vino Cotto Turkey with Peaches Green Bean Salad
- 4 cupe chicken stock
- 1 orange thinly peeled rind only
- 1.6 oz ginger thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 star anise
- 1 tsp tsp black peppercorns
- 9 oz turkey breast skin on
- 7 oz vino cotto
- 12 oz baby green beans trimmed
- 12 oz sugar snap peas trimmed
- 8 peaches cut into wedges
- 2 bunches baby rocket trimmed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp tbsp chardonnay vinegar
- 1 tsp tsp Dijon mustard
- Combine stock, rind, ginger, garlic, star anise and peppercorns in a large saucepan over medium heat, simmer to infuse (30 minutes).
- Add turkey, simmer for 20 minutes, then remove from heat and stand in liquid for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Remove turkey from poaching liquid, pat dry with absorbent paper, place on a baking tray, brush with 5.3 oz vino cotto, then grill, basting occasionally, until golden (5-7 minutes). Season to taste, cover loosely with foil, set aside to rest (10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, blanch green beans and sugar snap peas in boiling salted water, then refresh. Drain and combine in a bowl with peaches and rocket.
- Whisk oil, vinegar and mustard in a small bowl to combine, toss through bean mixture.
- Serve salad with sliced turkey and remaining vino cotto drizzled over.
CREDIT: Montillo Italian Foods
Want to make this recipe? Pick up the item featured in it: