Quick, easy, and tasty! Try serving this chicken with some roasted new potatoes or pasta.
Chicken Breasts with Balsamic Vinegar and Garlic
- 4 Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms sliced
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Rinse the mushrooms and pat dry. Season the flour with salt and pepper and dredge the chicken breasts in the flour mixture. Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat and saute the chicken until it is nicely browned on one side (about 3 minutes).
- Add the garlic. Turn the chicken breasts and scatter the mushrooms over them. Continue frying, shaking the skillet and stirring the mushrooms. Cook for about 3 minutes, then add the vinegar, broth, bay leaf and thyme. Cover tightly and simmer over medium low heat for 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Transfer the chicken to a warm serving platter and cover with foil. Set aside. Continue simmering the sauce, uncovered, over medium high heat for about 7 minutes. Swirl in the butter or margarine and discard the bay leaf. Pour this mushroom sauce mixture over the chicken and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!