A delicious traditional Spanish dish.
- 400 g rice
- 200 g sliced squid
- 8 prawns (or shrimps)
- 4 crayfish (cigalas)
- 8 mussels
- 12 clams
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1.5 L water
- 1 tsp saffron
- Boil the squid, mussels and clams in a pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove the boiled squid and fry in the olive oil with the garlic and pepper in a paella pan or any large frying pan.
- When the squid has turned golden brown, add the tomato, mussels, clams, salt, parsley and rice, stirring all the time. Then pour over the warm stock.
- Boil over a high heat for 20 minutes.
- Halfway through cooking, add the prawns (or shrimps), crayfish and saffron.
- Wait 4-5 minutes before serving.
The rice should not be stirred once it begins to expand.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!